I am a freelance audio engineer and technology specialist. I always feel a bit strange talking about myself - it feels a bit 'self promotion-y' but I guess that is what a website for a sole trader is all about.
So I've decided to just do this in dot points, just a few highlights that may be relevant to who I am and where I am today.
- I grew up in country Victoria and moved to Melbourne in the early 1990s.
- I have worked as a broadcaster, trainer and producer in community radio since I was in year 10, so mainly at PBS and 3RRR Melbourne.
- I worked as a computer trainer teaching people who are blind or vision impaired to use assistive technology, starting in 1998.
- I worked as a manager in the audio production unit of Vision Australia where we made audio books/magazines for the audio library.
- I worked at Guide Dogs Victoria for a couple of years doing assistive technology support/training again.
- and I have worked as a freelance audio producer through Audiocraft (my agency) since 2019 producing many podcasts. I am one of those names you hear at the end of podcasts, something like 'mixed by' or 'our sound engineer is'.
- I have a black Labrador and a small child
So is that all you wanted to know? Probably far too much but it gives a picture of who I am, where I'm from, and how I ended up doing what I do.
This site will continue to be a source of information, news and tips - it won't be Glen just talking about himself... who would want to read that!!
Stay in Touch! Tips and News
Keep in touch with tips and news with our new monthly newsletter Byte Size. Subscribe below! (its low traffic and you can easily unsubscribe at any time).